Friday, May 09, 2014

Starting Monday, May 12: Godzilla Week!



To celebrate the upcoming release of Godzilla (2014), I'll be spending next Monday-through-Friday gazing at the films, toys and other historical artifacts of the giant atomic lizard.

I grew up with Godzilla, starting when I was five years old, and I've always loved the Big Green Guy and his films, so I welcome this opportunity to look back at some of his greatest adventures.

I hope you'll join me for the party!

1 comment:

  1. Now that Godzilla is front and center, there have been a number of occasions when I have expressed my fondness for the Big-G. To my surprise, most people dismiss Godzilla out of hand. In fact, a number of folks have snapped "How can you watch those stupid movies!?!" It's almost as if just hearing the name Godzilla is insulting to their movie-going intelligence.

    Unfortunately, I can't really defend any of the G-movies. They aren't very good. But that doesn't explain my attraction to them. Here's hoping your Godzilla week helps me figure it out.

    Let's party!

    ReplyDelete

50 Years Ago: Land of the Lost: "Repairman" (October 2, 1976)

“Repairman,” the fourth episode of  Land of the Lost’s  third season, shows many signs of creative growing pains, though perhaps not as many...