Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Godzilla Week: Godzilla - Destroy All Monsters Melee (Atari; 2002)


There are two reasons I keep my Nintendo Game Cube hooked up in 2014.  

The first is The Simpsons: Road Rage, and the second is this great game, Destroy All Monsters Melee.  

Many a school morning, Joel and I race through breakfast, and then play a couple rounds of "versus" in this Atari game.  I almost always play Godzilla (1990s), and Joel likes to play Megalon. If Kathryn joins in for a melee round, she teams up with Joel as Anguirus.

I know that technology has passed this video game by, but it remains awesome, over a decade later. 

On each level, players fight one another, and compete to get the Mothra power. If you get it, Mothra flies overhead repeatedly and pulps your enemy.  

Also, we've caught sight of Hedorah cruising over the action several times...

1 comment:

  1. Great game, and it's the gameplay that counts, so I wouldn't say that technology has passed this (or any) videogame by. I nice looking game with lousy gameplay isn't worth anything, IMHO.

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...