Monday, September 04, 2017

Star Trek Anniversary Top #20: Introduction


This week on the blog will devoted to a celebration of Star Trek's anniversary.  The classic Gene Roddenberry series first aired 51 years ago, September 8th.  So I will post reviews of my top twenty episodes, as well as reader lists for the top 20 episodes this week. On Friday, I will tally all the lists, and provide a definitive list of the top 20 episodes (as decided by those who read this blog).

Although last year was the fiftieth anniversary of Star Trek, this year is a big celebration for another reason too.

Star Trek: Discovery Bows on the 24th of September, in just a few short weeks, and it's the first series since Enterprise ended in 2005.

Also, I am nearly done with my review of every episode of the original Trek! (I should finish up by mid-October, I believe.)

So, I hope you will join me this week to celebrate 51 years of Star Trek in the pop culture. The first reader list will be posted soon (at a rate, this point, of 2 a day).


1 comment:

  1. John,

    This is going to be a fun week! I'm very much looking forward to reading all of the top 20 lists (including yours, of course)!

    In other news, I just picked up a Roku stick at Best Buy yesterday, and will be subscribing to CBS All Access in short order. Very excited for Star Trek Discovery!

    Let the good times roll!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete

A Reflection on My Father, Ken Muir (1943 - 2024)

If you are a regular reader of the blog, you know that in February and March I shared pages here from "The White Book," my father&...