Thursday, May 30, 2013

Reader Top Ten Science Fiction Films: Meredith


A regular reader, Meredith, contributes an excellent top ten list below.

Here goes:


"No particular order, but these are films that have made a lasting impression on me:

2001: A Space Odyssey 
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Star Wars
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Superman (the first Christopher Reeve film)
Jurassic Park
Jumanji
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (okay, not as good as the BBC incarnation, but still a favorite)
Galaxy Quest
Planet of the Apes (scared me silly the first time I saw it!)"


There are some new and worthy titles on this list.  I took special note of Superman: The Movie (1978), which I grappled with for my own list, and Jurassic Park (1993), undeniably a classic.  Galaxy Quest is also a beloved sci-fi film, and a great comedy, so it's cool to see it here.  Well done!


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:42 PM

    "Planet of the Apes (scared me silly the first time I saw it!)"

    Me too! I saw it as a young boy in the early '70s. It was re-released on a double feature and sacred me because they were not using real non-talking apes.

    SGB

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...