Creator of the award-winning web series, Abnormal Fixation. One of the horror genre's "most widely read critics" (Rue Morgue # 68), "an accomplished film journalist" (Comic Buyer's Guide #1535), and the award-winning author of Horror Films of the 1980s (2007) and Horror Films of the 1970s (2002), John Kenneth Muir, presents his blog on film, television and nostalgia, named one of the Top 100 Film Studies Blog on the Net.
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Game Board of the Week: Star Trek: The Motion Picture (Milton Bradley; 1979)
Labels:
1970s,
Game Board of the Week,
Milton Bradley,
Star Trek
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
50 Years Ago: Land of the Lost: "Medusa" (October 9, 1976)
The fifth episode of the third (and final) season of the NBC Saturday morning series highlights the mythological Medusa -- snake-haired Gorg...
-
Director Ridley Scott has already given the science fiction cinema two of its greatest and most cherished films: Alien (1979) and Blade...
-
"Other Worlds lie outside our seeing; beyond the beyond; on the edge of within. The Great Pyramids: erected by the Ancient Ones as a ba...
John, as a boy I got this Star Trek:TMP board game for Christmas 1979, just eighteen days after seeing the film. I loved the little plastic refit-Enterprises, an instant fleet.
ReplyDeleteSGB
SGB:
DeleteThose mini-Enterprise game pieces (with the TMP version, swept-back nacelles...) are awesome! They look very cool indeed, and you're right, give you a ready-made fleet.
At one point as a kid, I went on a tear and scissored off the stands, so I had free standing, free-flying starships. Today, I wish I hadn't done that!
Best,
John