Friday, January 02, 2015

At Flashbak: Rubik’s Reign: The Toy Puzzle Craze of the 1980s


My 2015 at Flashbak commences with a retrospective of the toy puzzle craze of the early 1980s, and the ascent of Rubik's Cube.



"The first years of the eighties brought kids around the world an intriguing and fun trend: a slew of combination toy puzzles.

No doubt the best-remembered and most beloved of these puzzles is Rubik’s Cube, a toy which was created by Erno Rubik in 1977, but released widely in America by Ideal Toys in 1980.  The toy took off, and Ideal released a second toy called “Rubik’s Snake” and then a third, “Rubik’s Revenge.” 

Today, the Rubik’s cube is still a staple of childhood,.."

1 comment:

  1. I could never solve more than two sides, but I used to love it. Glad it's still around!

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal: "Apologia"

Apologia By Ken Muir   I am a person of my age, of my time in history.    Born into an America that was on the verge of winning the greatest...