Monday, September 03, 2012

Television and Cinema Verities #35



"I thought Enik was kind of funny.  He was such an emotional dead-head.  You know, Will would run into a cave and shout at Enik: “Dad is hanging by his thumbs over the pit and you’ve got to save him!!” Enik would reply, deadpan, “Do not disturb me, Will Marshall, I’m searching for the vortex back to my time."  He wasn’t a big help.  He didn’t have much humor…”

- The late Walker Edmiston discusses his character, Enik the Altrusian, from Land of the Lost (1974 - 1976) in an interview I conducted with the actor in the year 2000.

1 comment:

  1. Ever since the late 1970s, when Starlog magazine featured a story/interview with Walker Edmiston, I've been a fan.

    He was one of those many talents who you, as a viewer, were familiar with through visual or aural elements, but did not necessarily know the name of that person. Especially in the days when credits to television series' were incomplete. I have the superb book The Outer Limits - The Official Companion, (by David Schow and Jeffrey Frentzen), and I remember the first time I saw the (more or less) complete crew lists for each of the series' two seasons: "Look at all the people..."

    Walker Edmiston had a cool voice, for sure: "From all of Vulcan... Wel-come."

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal: "Apologia"

Apologia By Ken Muir   I am a person of my age, of my time in history.    Born into an America that was on the verge of winning the greatest...