Monday, June 18, 2012

Television and Cinema Verities #24



"If there were a Space:1999 movie, the script would have to be better than any show we ever did, or else there's no sense in doing it.  That's a simple fact, because to get people to pay for things, there would have to be a wonderful script. Otherwise, it's mindless to do something like that.  To do a mediocre script after all this time and have it sort of lie there is not my idea of keeping the series intact.  That's my genuine answer."


- Martin Landau, on the subject of a Space:1999 revival.  From the June 19, 2000, during a telephone interview I conducted with him.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:35 AM

    John that must have been an interesting interview with Martin Landau, very cool. A SPACE:1999 movie should have happened before the year 1999 like his other series MISSION:IMPOSSIBLE did and has made sequels still.

    SGB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SGB,

      I loved getting the opportunity to speak with Mr. Landau. Such a gentleman and great talent. I wish we did have a "wrap up" Space:1999 movie in the 1990s. I agree that it would have been perfect...

      best,
      John

      Delete

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...