Creator of the award-winning web series, Abnormal Fixation. One of the horror genre's "most widely read critics" (Rue Morgue # 68), "an accomplished film journalist" (Comic Buyer's Guide #1535), and the award-winning author of Horror Films of the 1980s (2007) and Horror Films of the 1970s (2002), John Kenneth Muir, presents his blog on film, television and nostalgia, named one of the Top 100 Film Studies Blog on the Net.
Monday, December 20, 2010
All I Want for Retro-Christmas Countdown (5 Days Left): ROM the Space Knight!
Labels:
1970s,
retro toy flashback,
Rom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
30 Years Ago: The X-Files: "Home" (October 11, 1996)
“They really went caveman on him…” - Mulder in “Home.” I make no bones about the fact that “Home,” written by Glen Morgan and Jam...
-
Director Ridley Scott has already given the science fiction cinema two of its greatest and most cherished films: Alien (1979) and Blade...
-
"Other Worlds lie outside our seeing; beyond the beyond; on the edge of within. The Great Pyramids: erected by the Ancient Ones as a ba...
Oh wow, I remember this! I used to love the comic book also and always wanted that toy.
ReplyDeleteHi J.D.:
ReplyDeleteI loved the comic book too, and I am still itching to get my hands on one of the toys...
best,
JKM
Ah, you boys beat me to it.
ReplyDeleteI recall the comic book being very good.
Did the comic book evolve from the toy, like Micronauts? I think so.
Anyway, there were many terrific ROM comics with some great stories and very good artwork.
My friend had the whole series and I remember that smashing good ROM adventure when he teamed up with the X-Men. It was kind of a snowy wintery tale.
Anyway, great stuff! Thanks JKM.