Creator of the award-winning web series, Abnormal Fixation. One of the horror genre's "most widely read critics" (Rue Morgue # 68), "an accomplished film journalist" (Comic Buyer's Guide #1535), and the award-winning author of Horror Films of the 1980s (2007) and Horror Films of the 1970s (2002), John Kenneth Muir, presents his blog on film, television and nostalgia, named one of the Top 100 Film Studies Blog on the Net.
Sunday, December 19, 2010
All I Want for Retro-Christmas Countdown (6 Days Left): Shogun Warriors
Labels:
1970s,
retro toy flashback,
shogun warriors
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
50 Years Ago: Land of the Lost: "Repairman" (October 2, 1976)
“Repairman,” the fourth episode of Land of the Lost’s third season, shows many signs of creative growing pains, though perhaps not as many...
-
Director Ridley Scott has already given the science fiction cinema two of its greatest and most cherished films: Alien (1979) and Blade...
-
"Other Worlds lie outside our seeing; beyond the beyond; on the edge of within. The Great Pyramids: erected by the Ancient Ones as a ba...
Sick! Had them all at one time! Good old fashioned plastic Japanese cheese fun! Loved it. Cheers.
ReplyDeleteStill have Mazinga -- he's at my parents' house, and my kids bust him out every time we visit.
ReplyDeleteHi fellas,
ReplyDeleteSFF: Wow...I only had one of these big guys (though I had a bunch of the diecast smaller ones...). Wish I had kept the one I had which was...
Mazinga!, Film Father. Gosh, he's great, isn't he? I've been trying to get my hands on one for Joel, without success. These things are PRICEY!
best to you both,
JKM
I love how they give Godzilla to the Asian kid...never happen in 2010. I also love how the voiceover says "imagine his breath is a ray of fire." Imagination?? What the hell is that?
ReplyDeleteHappy Holidays JKM.