Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Happy Fiftieth Anniversary, Lost in Space!


Irwin Allen's space adventure Lost in Space (1965-1968) premiered fifty years ago today. 

Accordingly, I would like to wish every talent who worked on the series -- as well as all the fans -- a very happy fiftieth anniversary.

A full fifty years after its premiere, Lost in Space continues to be a factor in the pop culture. Characters such as the B9 robot still appear occasionally on The Simpsons (though in animated form), we had the 1998 movie starring William Hurt, and efforts are apparently on-going to re-boot the premise in a series form.

Throughout 2015, I've also been reviewing episodes of the original series -- I'm currently in the middle of the second season for that retrospective.  

But all day today, I'll be posting episode reviews, and remembering the series as it turns half-a-century old.

Happy Birthday, Lost in Space (Yes, even you, Dr. Zachary Smith!).




2 comments:

  1. Lost In Space, like Star Trek and my number one Space:1999 are my favorite science-fiction series of all time.

    Only star Trek has successfully done (multiple) reboot/remakes of TOS. Still waiting for a success for Lost In Space/Space Family Robinson and , of course, Space:1999/Space:2099.

    SGB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!
    I am sitting here waiting anxiously for the delivery of the Lost In Space Complete Series Blu Ray, which comes out today.
    It's a great day to be a Lost In Space fan!
    (although, like SGB, I enjoy Star Trek, Space:1999, and most of the other sci-fi fare that John covers here each and every day.)
    Steve

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal: "Apologia"

Apologia By Ken Muir   I am a person of my age, of my time in history.    Born into an America that was on the verge of winning the greatest...