Monday, June 04, 2012

Television and Cinema Verities # 22



"What happened was I was initially approached about a show about a group of college graduates who decide to buy a house together. It struck me that wasn’t the most thrilling or scintillating idea I’d ever heard, and I was on the verge of turning it down...We decided that we were going to have one last meeting and then if nothing came of that, we were going to call it a day. In sort of a kamikaze move, I suddenly said, “Well of course what we could do is turn George into a werewolf,” because if nothing else, that would give a story for the first episode..."
Toby Whithouse, creator of Being Human, discusses the program's unusual genesis in an interview with UGO, from 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal: "Apologia"

Apologia By Ken Muir   I am a person of my age, of my time in history.    Born into an America that was on the verge of winning the greatest...