Creator of the award-winning web series, Abnormal Fixation. One of the horror genre's "most widely read critics" (Rue Morgue # 68), "an accomplished film journalist" (Comic Buyer's Guide #1535), and the award-winning author of Horror Films of the 1980s (2007) and Horror Films of the 1970s (2002), John Kenneth Muir, presents his blog on film, television and nostalgia, named one of the Top 100 Film Studies Blog on the Net.
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Pop Art: Space Clipper Orion Edition
Labels:
2001: A Space Odyssey,
pop art
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
50 Years Ago: Land of the Lost: "Repairman" (October 2, 1976)
“Repairman,” the fourth episode of Land of the Lost’s third season, shows many signs of creative growing pains, though perhaps not as many...
-
Director Ridley Scott has already given the science fiction cinema two of its greatest and most cherished films: Alien (1979) and Blade...
-
"Other Worlds lie outside our seeing; beyond the beyond; on the edge of within. The Great Pyramids: erected by the Ancient Ones as a ba...



John, the variety of artwork from model kit boxes is always fun to see. As a boy in the '70s, I purchased and built the Aurora Orion kit even though I did not see the '2001' film until five years later when it aired on NBC in 1979.
ReplyDeleteSGB
Dude, you're gonna make my head explode! I loved this model. Sigh...
ReplyDeleteSo dig this: b/c of its flat bottom, the Orion was perfect to piggyback on both the Eagle model and the 2001 moonbus model--which I'm sure you're preparing to upload soon.
THANKS!
Actually, 2001 aired on NBC in 1977. Nevertheless, I always liked the Pan-Am Shuttleplane in the film.
ReplyDelete