Wednesday, September 09, 2009

What I'm Reading Now: A Cinema of the Psychic Realm


"The medium of film is ideally suite to render the fantastic world of psi visible. A technique as simple as an off-screen voice-over can simulate mental telepathy. Unusual lighting, set design, fades, dissolves and other optical tricks can conjure clairvoyant visions. The advent of ultra-sophisticated computer graphics and other exotic cinematic techniques have made it possible to picture any conceivable visionary state, no matter how unusual or bizarre."

- Paul Meehan, A Cinema of the Psychic Realm: A Critical Survey (McFarland, 2009, page 2)

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading this now too. I was impressed with Paul's book on UFO cinema, and this one is a good read as well.

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...