Monday, March 31, 2014

Conan The Barbarian Week!


As you may have guessed from the posts featured so far today, Conan the Barbarian is the subject of the week (though I’ll be continuing my retrospective of V, as well…).

Actually, my desire to look back at the Conan films originates with my good friend -- and an extraordinary blogger -- Roman Martel.  

Roman mentioned Conan and the Robert E. Howard’s character’s relationship to Riddick in the comments section of one of my reviews for the Van Diesel franchise earlier this year.

That mention got me to thinking that the time was right for a Conan retrospective here on the blog.

So this week, I’ll be taking a look at the cinematic, toy, and literary versions of Conan.


We’ll continue the quest this evening, at 7:00 pm. At that time, I’ll have guest blogger, Brandon Engel presenting a primer on the Conan stories in print.

Then, throughout the week -- Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday -- I’ll be reviewing the original films, and the 2011 re-make.

Wednesday will be merchandise/toy/pop-art day.

So by Crom, I hope you join me for this mini-journey back to the Hyborian Age…

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Kenneth! Looking forward to your Conan coverage. I grew up with the 80s flicks and I've been enjoying Howard's stories for a number of years now. I can't wait to read your take on the films.

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal: "Apologia"

Apologia By Ken Muir   I am a person of my age, of my time in history.    Born into an America that was on the verge of winning the greatest...