Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It's Here!





Super villains beware!

The new edition (Volume 2) of my Encyclopedia of Superheroes on Film and Television (from McFarland) landed on my doorstep this afternoon (with a loud crash...). As you can tell from these scans, the book looks positively gorgeous. It's also filled with new illustrations, and tops out at just about 700 pages. I dedicate this new edition to my dear friend, Destinies host Dr. Howard Margolin and my young son, Joel.

Anyway, this reference book (covering the A - Z of cinematic and TV superheroes) is available now. You can order it right here. Or at Amazon.com.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:41 AM

    John,

    Thank you for the honor of the dedication. I look forward to seeing the book, and having you back on Destinies to discuss the new edition.
    And I hope that Joel will someday appreciate the dedication, as well, considering all your work that went into updating the book. Do you think he'll gravitate more toward super-heroes, science ficiton, or horror?

    Best of all possible Destinies,

    Howard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now, Joel is all about Thomas the Train, Bob the Builder, and tools. tools, tools.

    However, he does like it when I pretend to be a shark and chase him around the living room (to the Jaws theme...), so horror might have a shot!

    Thanks, Howard!
    -JKM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the new cover art on this one.

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...