Friday, August 08, 2014

Volumes of Blood Update


I have been working this morning on my shot-list for "A Little Pick Me Up," my vignette in the Volumes of Blood (2014) horror anthology I'm directing in late September. 

So far, I am planning for shots called "The Jacob's Ladder Shot," and "The Scanners Shot."  And that's just for starters.

But as I worked, I thought it might be an appropriate time to post another reminder about the Volumes of Blood Kickstarter, here.  

We are shooting the film, no matter what -- come Hell or high water -- but the Kickstarter will allow us to shoot practical effects on a bigger scale.  

And since I have a Scanners shot in my film, a solid budget will help. A lot.

So, if you're into exploding heads, please consider giving a little to the project. Even five bucks would help.

We have a little less than a month to go on the Kickstarter and we're getting nearer our target every day, but you can help tip us over.  

And one factor, I believe, that helps distinguish our project is the fact that it part of the Unscripted Film School, meaning that Volumes of Blood is not only the bloody, gory, utterly debauched horror film of my dreams, but an opportunity for people in the community to learn about film, and filmmaking.

Finally, I want to thank the readers and friends who have supported the project with their wallets, so far.  It means a lot to me.  

I'll let you know more about the project, as it develops.

Now, back to that shot-list...

1 comment:

  1. John I am extremely happy for your undertaking of this directing opportunity.

    Have fun and you will do well.

    SGB

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal: "Apologia"

Apologia By Ken Muir   I am a person of my age, of my time in history.    Born into an America that was on the verge of winning the greatest...