Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Ask JKM a Question #58: The Forever Blog?



A reader named Amber writes:

“I'm addicted to your blog in 2012 and check it for updates several times every day. Please tell your readers that you have no plans to stop blogging any time soon.”

Amber, I’m truly flattered by your comment.  I have absolutely no plans to stop blogging. 

That doesn’t mean fate won’t intervene in some unforeseen way, but I love blogging, and it never gets old for me.  

Or at least it hasn’t gotten old yet.

Plus, I can’t quit now when so many amazing things are happening in the next few years. 

For instance, in 2013, we’ll have the 20th anniversary of The X-Files, the fiftieth anniversary of Doctor Whoplus the releases of Man of Steel and Star Trek Into Darkness.   

The year 2015 will bring the 40th anniversary of my beloved Space: 1999, the tenth anniversary of Reflections, and the release of the next Star Wars film.  

2016 brings the fiftieth anniversary of Star Trek, and so on…

So I would really, truly hate to stop blogging now, especially since the audience here keeps growing.  Besides, writing every day on the blog (several times…) has, I believe, made me a better writer. 

At this rate, I may start to get it right by about 2020 or so…

Thank you for your question and for your support.

Don’t forget to e-mail me your questions at Muirbusiness@yahoo.com.  I’m currently working through a long list of reader mails, so if you have e-mailed me a question, and I haven’t answered it yet on the blog, don’t get discouraged.  I’m getting there…I promise!

2 comments:

  1. That certainly is good news John, as your blog serves as a constant stream of inspiration and entertainment. Cheesy, but I always have been. Thanks for sticking with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear. I've been enjoying your blog for a few years now and look forward to reading more. Besides you're one of the few folks I've run into who enjoys "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" as much as I do. Not to mention "The Golden Voyage of Sinbad". :)

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal: "Apologia"

Apologia By Ken Muir   I am a person of my age, of my time in history.    Born into an America that was on the verge of winning the greatest...