Thursday, November 29, 2012

What I'm Reading Now: A Matter of Time: The Back to the Future Lexicon


"It's rare that comedy sequels manage to re-capture the magic of their progenitors, as anyone who paid to see the disastrous Police Academy, Revenge of the Nerds and Look Who's Talking follow-ups knows all too painfully well.  But the BTTF trilogy indisputably pulled it off.  Between the multi-colored sci-fi future of 2015, the dark "Biffhorrific" alternate 1985, the nostalgic revisiting of the first film's 1955 sequences, and the sentimental Spaghetti Western riff in 1885, the sequels hit it out of the park, scene after scene."

-Rich Handley, author of A Matter of Time: The Back to the Future Lexicon, Hasslein Books, page xii.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:38 PM

    I enjoyed both the Planet of the Apes books by Rich Handley so I will have to get this one.

    SGB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SGB:

      Rich Handley is one of my favorites too. The Ape books are extraordinary, and I'm loving the BTTF lexicon so far. It is ultra-detailed.

      Delete

My Father's Journal: "Apologia"

Apologia By Ken Muir   I am a person of my age, of my time in history.    Born into an America that was on the verge of winning the greatest...