Thursday, February 02, 2012

Sci-Fi Wisdom of the Week


"Some people believe that when you die, your soul goes to Heaven...Some believe that when people die there's a wonderful light as bright as the sun, but it doesn't hurt to look into it.  All the answers to all the questions you ever want to know are inside that light.  And when you walk into it, you become part of it forever.  And then some people die but don't know that they're gone...They resist going into that light, however hard the light wants them...And some people just get lost on the way to the light and they need someone to guide them to it."

- Poltergeist (1982) (to be reviewed here tomorrow)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:56 AM

    This film(with Jerry Goldsmith's classic soundtrack)scared me so bad, that I checked all the lights in the house and unplugged my TV for several nights. Being ten years old at the time, that describes how much of an impact the MGM film had on me.

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal: "Apologia"

Apologia By Ken Muir   I am a person of my age, of my time in history.    Born into an America that was on the verge of winning the greatest...