Thursday, January 08, 2009

Vault of Horror Reviews Nightmares in Red, White and Blue

B-Sol over at Vault of Horror (one of my favorite bloggers...) focuses his gaze on Joseph Maddrey's new documentary on horror films in a thoughtful new post.

Here's a snippet from "Finally, the Horror Doc We've Been Hoping For:"

"Based on Maddrey's 2004 book, this as-yet-undistributed doc, produced/written by Maddrey and directed/edited by Monument, is a potent, jam-packed study of the fright flick in the context of the United States' evolution over the course of the 20th and early 21st centuries..."

"...It's a fascinating watch for both passionate and casual fans, made by people who really seem to care about their subject matter."


Read the full review of Nightmares in Red, White & Blue over at Vault of Horror
.

And B-Sol, thanks also for noting the fact that I'm a big, bright, shining star. We all have one special thing, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal: "Apologia"

Apologia By Ken Muir   I am a person of my age, of my time in history.    Born into an America that was on the verge of winning the greatest...