Friday, October 05, 2007

Bloggy-Type Business

Hey everybody,

I just enabled blog comment moderation - sigh - which is irritating and a waste of time as far as I'm concerned, but in the last week or so the blog has gotten blasted with an ever-increasing number of advertisements/spam disguised as comments. Medical marijuana, sexual enhancements, real estate sites..and other crap. I hate to see this sort of thing and it trashes up the blog.


So readers, please keep sending those comments: positive and negative. I intend to pass everything through as soon as I've seen it, except for the damn ads. I'm not interested in keeping anyone out of the discussion, just in blocking spam. (You can see some fresh spam on my first cult tv flashback, for "This Side of Paradise" -- you guessed it: marijuana; or a real estate come on in my Hostel review.).

Sorry to have to resort to this level of screening in a venue that works best as a dialogue, a give-and-take, but as the blog continues getting bigger and more popular (and thank you for visiting!!!) I don't think the spamming is going to stop. Alas, there's no mechanism on Blogger (that I know of...) for removing the spam comments once they are sent. This is the only way.

Thanks for understanding. Now feel free to complain...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:06 PM

    John, I swear that I have not been spamming the blog! I may be silly at times, but I am not a spammer. I have SOME dignity! LOL

    Chris Johnson

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal: "Apologia"

Apologia By Ken Muir   I am a person of my age, of my time in history.    Born into an America that was on the verge of winning the greatest...