Creator of the award-winning web series, Abnormal Fixation. One of the horror genre's "most widely read critics" (Rue Morgue # 68), "an accomplished film journalist" (Comic Buyer's Guide #1535), and the award-winning author of Horror Films of the 1980s (2007) and Horror Films of the 1970s (2002), John Kenneth Muir, presents his blog on film, television and nostalgia, named one of the Top 100 Film Studies Blog on the Net.
Wednesday, September 04, 2013
Model Kits of the Week: Planet of the Apes
Labels:
model kit of the week,
Planet of the Apes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
60 Years Ago: Star Trek:"The Naked Time" (September 29, 1966)
Stardate 1704.2: The U.S.S. Enterprise (NCC-1701) orbits distant Psi 2000, an ancient world on the verge of breaking up. The crew's mi...
-
Director Ridley Scott has already given the science fiction cinema two of its greatest and most cherished films: Alien (1979) and Blade...
-
"Other Worlds lie outside our seeing; beyond the beyond; on the edge of within. The Great Pyramids: erected by the Ancient Ones as a ba...




When I was nine or ten, I got the Cornelius and Dr. Zaius model kits while my family was on vacation in Wildwood, NJ. I remember sitting in the back of our banana yellow '67 Chrysler putting these models together as we drove home to Baltimore.
ReplyDeleteHi Neal,
DeleteThat's a fantastic memory, and I'm so happy you shared it. I also used to spend time at Wildwood NJ (The funhouse there is the stuff of nightmares in my memory...) so this one really struck a chord with me.
All my best,
John