Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Purple Rain: Music on Film Excerpted at Movieline

My latest film book, Purple Rain: Music on Film, is currently being excerpted over at Movieline.  If you want to get a taste of this book in Limelight's ongoing Music on Film Series before purchasing it, you might want to check this excerpt out.  In particular, the section featured at Movieline involves director Albert Magnoli's first meeting with Prince in Minneapolis, in an introduction that might have gone...badly.


And don't forget, Purple Rain: Music on Film is now available at Amazon.com and other online retailers.

2 comments:

  1. That's so cool, John. Congrats on the release and the spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Le0pard13! I'm thrilled about the spotlight on Movieline, and the book is rocketing up the charts on Amazon, I suspect, because of it. I hope you enjoy the book, my friend.

    best,
    John

    ReplyDelete

60 Years Ago: Star Trek:"The Naked Time" (September 29, 1966)

Stardate 1704.2: The  U.S.S. Enterprise  (NCC-1701) orbits distant Psi 2000, an ancient world on the verge of breaking up. The crew's mi...