Monday, March 03, 2008

New Voices in Horror interviews Muir!

Hey everybody, the web magazine New Voices in Horror (dedicated to exploring "new and old terrains in horror") posted an interview with me as their "surprise guest interview") recently. Go on over to the magazine and check out the article by David Byron. Here's a snippet:


....I should have asked this question first; What made you want to be a writer/journalist? My inspiration came from watching old Hammer films and reading the EC comics like Tales From The Crypt....

You know, I became infatuated with film and television at a young age. An episode of the series Space:1999 had an indelible impact on me in 1975, when I was six years old. The story was called "Dragon's Domain" and it was about this monster lurking on an abandoned spaceship. It had a glowing eye and dozens of tentacles, and it would hypnotize victims, sucking them into this gaping, orange maw. Then, the monster would digest them and spit-up their steaming bones. The episode ended with the series hero, Commander Koenig, planting an axe in the creature's eyeball...which then dripped runny blood.

The imagery in that episode was absolutely unforgettable to me, and even though it was on a science fiction show, I think "Dragon's Domain" cemented my love of horror.

By the time I was in sixth grade, I was telling everybody that one day I would be a movie critic. And there you go. Here I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...