Monday, December 15, 2014

Television and Cinema Verities


“Dragon’s Domain” had just been done, and it used the technique of the voice-over. I realized this was a valuable perspective and decided to use it in “Testament of Arkadia.” It’s a very useful technique because it can help you bridge over story gaps. Also, it lends viewers the notion that what they are seeing is history, in the past. For an origin myth, looking back across ten thousand, three thousand or even three hundred years of history that seemed very appropriate to me.”

-Space: 1999 author Johnny Byrne (1935 - 2008) discusses the writing of the episode “The Testament of Arkadia,” in an interview I conducted with him in the year 2000. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal: "Apologia"

Apologia By Ken Muir   I am a person of my age, of my time in history.    Born into an America that was on the verge of winning the greatest...