Wednesday, December 17, 2014

At Flashbak: Your Show or Mine? The most Unforgettable Live-Action Superhero Crossovers in Cult-TV History


Now at Flashbak, I take a look at superhero TV cross-overs.



"A “crossover” is an incidence in which a character from one TV series appears on the TV series of another popular character. 

Although many cult-television programs – such as Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987 – 1994) and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1993 – 1999) -- have featured such cross-over events, examples of the form have been a veritable staple, in particular of superhero programming. 

Please note that it is not enough to introduce a new comic-book character or characters (like Hawk Man or The Wonder Twins) to an existing series (as often happened on Smallville [2001 – 2011]) for example.  

Rather, this kind of cross-pollination occurs when superheroes from different productions or TV series appear.

Here are a few notable examples of the superhero cross-over."

1 comment:

  1. I always appreciate a good crossover episode. I think my favorite from my boyhood were all the Bionic Woman and Six Million Dollar Man episodes that you mentioned.

    SGB

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal: "Apologia"

Apologia By Ken Muir   I am a person of my age, of my time in history.    Born into an America that was on the verge of winning the greatest...