Monday, August 12, 2013

Television and Cinema Verities #81



"I think our Batman had to be fun, light-hearted, funny, tongue-in-cheek…and I think that made kind of an homage to those earlier comic books, where Batman always had a quip or something. Now if I were doing it today, I’d make changes, but I wouldn’t make it as violent, as loud, as noisy, with the explosives going on and on…the crashes…as what they’re doing now to try and titillate a younger, teenage audience. I wouldn’t do that. I’d just make the relationships more important.


- Adam West discusses Batman (1966 - 1969) with Den of Geek in June of 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy LV 426 Day! The Return of Alien (1979)

It is quite difficult to believe, but in 2024, Ridley Scott’s  Alien  (1979) turns 45 years old.  Perhaps the most amazing thing about  Alie...