Friday, August 04, 2006

The House Between at Out of Order

Hey, Debra Burrell's column, Out of Order features an encouraging review of the first episode of The House Between!

Debra and I have shared con panels before (and she's quietly incited me to make mischief on them...), and she attended the screening of "Arrived" after Fantasci V last week.

Here's what she had to say about the first episode (and you can check out the entire column
here):

It was really good! I forgave a lot of audio discrepancies because it is a rough cut, but the premise is excellent, the acting is first rate, and if you're going to have 5 people locked into an empty house together, you'd better have a darn good writer -- which this show has..."

The stark B&W look, the flat blacked out windows and doors, the inability to determine day or night, it's all surreal. Call it an "irreality show." This is not like the patently phony "Surreal Life," which pretends to be real. This is more like the play it frankly emulates, "No Exit," only with a contemporary house and a few more people -- and, from the teasers I heard, more plot twists. I'm definitely looking foward to all the episodes.

Thanks, Debra for the kind words and the encouragement.

2 comments:

  1. what an awesome, encouraging write up! The anticipation is building, John....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, huh? I agree with you! This pleases me to no end.

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...