Saturday, March 24, 2012

Mad Monster Party Dispatch #1



So...I had the tremendous pleasure of attending the Mad Monster Party in Uptown Charlotte from 5:00 to 10:00 pm last night, and I'll be back there from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm today.   

So far, it's been awesome. I've sold a few books, made some bucks, and eyed up some new collectibles.  The people in costume have been amazing and original: everything from Edwina Scissorhands (above) to the Ghostbusters, to... Frankenhookers.

In the span of a few hours, I also got to see at close range David Prowse, Brad Dourif, Tony Todd, Angus Scrimm and Dee Wallace.  They all look terrific, and I'm going to see if I can get a photo today of Joel with Mr. Scrimm, saying "Booooyy!" to him.  

That may scar Joel, so I don't know...

I was also able to catch up with some bloggers, readers, authors and friends during the course of the evening.  I saw Jane and Josef (all the way from Iceland!) and Deborah at my table. I even got to chat with Lance Henriksen on the phone for about ten minutes, which was cool beyond measure.

My camera batteries died (d'oh!) before I could take a lot of photos, so I'm stocking up on batteries today.

I'll have more pics to upload tomorrow!  If you're in town, stop by my table in the vendor's room and say hello!

3 comments:

  1. I so wish you were in driving distance. It looks like a ball. Wish you and Joe much success there.

    Say hello to Edwina. She's hot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SFF:

    I wish you were here too, my friend. It's been a blast. And Edwina IS hot. My goodness...

    Best,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow we missed each other.

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal: "Apologia"

Apologia By Ken Muir   I am a person of my age, of my time in history.    Born into an America that was on the verge of winning the greatest...