Saturday, January 17, 2009

What I'm Reading Now: Timeline of the Planet of the Apes


"Planet of the Apes history could very well be neither a circular loop nor an "A or B" set of divergent highway lanes, but rather a Mobius strip embedded in an Escher landscape twisted up in a pretzel and tied up in a sailor's knot, continuously looping back upon itself and enabling all of the various contradictory incarnations to occur on the same continuous, ever-changing loop."

-Rich Handley, Timeline of the Planet of the Apes: The Definitive Unauthorized Chronology (Hasslein Books; 2008), page xiv: "Changing Lanes and Curving Time."

Review coming soon...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:53 PM

    This book looks great. I love this franchise and any excuse to devote a good volume of exploration to it works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, John.

    The "time loop" of the five Apes films (and the TV series, the cartoon, the comics and the remake...) is a source of endless fascination for me.

    I'll be reviewing the book as soon as I finish reading; but so far I have to say -- it's amazing!

    JKM

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...