Thursday, December 29, 2005

RETRO TOY UPDATE: Star Trek Ornaments: 2005



Two weeks ago, I blogged about my collection of sci-fi Hallmark Christmas ornaments (Star Trek and Star Wars), and this Christmas, my mother-in-law up in Richmond came through yet again.

I discovered in my stocking Christmas morn' two more Hallmark Ornaments from Star Trek, both dated this year, 2005. The first one is now my most beloved ornament(!), because it's my favorite version of the Enterprise. It's NCC-1701-A, the "motion picture" style starship seen at the end of The Voyage Home, in The Final Frontier and The Undiscovered Country.

The other ornament is another interesting character piece, featuring Jean-Luc Picard as Locutus of Borg, standing in a Borg cubicle next to the Borg Queen. Very, very cool (And it talks!)

So these are my Christmas acquisitions. And I'm very happy about 'em.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:28 AM

    I picked up the Enterprise-A oranment myself, John, since it's also my favorite version of the ship. I wasn't really interested in the others. Did your mother-in-law also get you the TV series Khan figure that was out this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Howard!

    Glad you picked up NCC-1701-A. She's a fine lass, as Scotty would say.

    My mother in law DID send me a Khan figure for my birthday. Which is way cool. I love that they featured "Space Seed" Khan rather than "Wrath" Khan.

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal: "Apologia"

Apologia By Ken Muir   I am a person of my age, of my time in history.    Born into an America that was on the verge of winning the greatest...