Friday, December 02, 2005

New Column up at Far Sector

My December "Transmissions Media" column is now live over on Far Sector along with the latest edition of the on-line mag. You can access my piece here. Regular readers of this blog will recognize elements of it: this is my pulling-together of the 2005-2006 TV season so far (as it applies to the genre). In other words, a report card of a kind at the half way point.

Here's an excerpt:

The TV season is half-over, and the “genre invasion” I wrote about in this space a few months ago is marching forward. There have been some casualties in this campaign, to be certain, but science fiction and horror on TV continue making significant in-roads with the networks, sometimes with surprising success.

The first genre casualty of the 2005-2006 season was ABC’s Thursday night drama, Night Stalker, a glitzy re-make of the original Kolchak: The Night Stalker series from 1974. Only six episodes of the series aired (though nine were produced), and ABC had the audacity to rip the program off the air in the middle of an unresolved two-parter called “The Source. “

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal: "Apologia"

Apologia By Ken Muir   I am a person of my age, of my time in history.    Born into an America that was on the verge of winning the greatest...