Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Remembering 2014 on the Blog


The year 2014 has been a fantastic one for the Muir family, and also for this blog.  I hope it has been for you as well.

In terms of the blog, there have been more posts online than in any previous years in the blog’s history (1400+) and a number of special event weeks to boot.



In 2014, there was a Conan the Barbarian Week, a Godzilla Week, a Planet of the Apes week, and a Terminator Thirtieth Anniversary Week as well.



The blog also featured retrospectives of the David Twohy Riddick films, and the “V” or Visitor Saga, called “The Visitors Are Coming.”  There were also retrospectives of the horror themed works of directors William Girdler, Charles B. Pierce, and Richard Franklin.

In terms of Saturday morning programs, the blog remembered Hanna Barbera’s Godzilla (first season), Filmation’s BraveStarr, and we also started our look back at Korg 70,000 B.C. In early January, we’ll leave BraveStarr for a while and check out The Secrets of Isis starring Joanna Cameron.

And speaking of upcoming events, 2015 is a big year for genre film. 


We can all look forward to a new Mad Max film called Fury Road in May, a new Terminator film in July, Daniel Craig's fourth 007 film in November, and the arrival of Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens in late December.  Rest assured, I will be covering all those films (and franchises) here on the blog.



But 2015 is also the 50th anniversary of…Irwin Allen’s Lost in Space (1965 – 1968), so I’ll be doing a weekly retrospective of that classic series as well, starting on Sunday, January 4th.

In much more personal terms, 2015 is the tenth anniversary of this blog.  I’ve completed, as of April 2015, ten full years of blogging, and so I’ll be looking back at some of the best (and angriest…) reader comments, and also the blog’s highlights and low-lights.

In short, 2015 promises to be a great year, so I hope you will stick around, and continue the ongoing conversation about classic television and cult film with me.

People always ask me when I’m going to give up blogging.  I have no plans to do so…I enjoy it too much. 

So I hope you’ll continue to visit the blog, and pass the days and weeks here with me.

Happy New Year to all!

Sincerely,

JKM

1 comment:

  1. And yet, still no analysis reviews of Hawk the Slayer or Cherry 2000 ...or Rawhead Rex. It's like you don't even care, John.

    Also, why isn't your blog in 3D? Everyone else's blog is in 3D. And where's all the free shit? Ya know, like Oprah.

    This is basically the Arby's of blogs: I only come here for the binary 'meat/bun' reviews, and when I don't feel like changing out of my sweat pants.


    Cannon, out. *flies away on his rocket-pack*

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal: "Apologia"

Apologia By Ken Muir   I am a person of my age, of my time in history.    Born into an America that was on the verge of winning the greatest...