Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Johnny Byrne Thought of the Day:

"[Star Trek] Voyager is the antithesis of Space:1999. I think it's dull and formulaic. It's lost any sense of urgency. My problem is that the characters have so much, but accomplish so f-ing little. Contrast that with the Alphans: they had so little, yet accomplished so much. The Alphans found solutions to their problems in who they are, not what they had. For them, the answer to the dilemma was never firepower or technology."

- Johnny Byrne, 2001, after I asked him about whether he saw any similarities between Voyager and Space:1999.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal: "Apologia"

Apologia By Ken Muir   I am a person of my age, of my time in history.    Born into an America that was on the verge of winning the greatest...