Monday, December 26, 2011

The Cult-TV Faces of: Silicon-Based Life Forms

Identified by Brian: Dr. Who: "The Krotons."


Identified by Brian: Star Trek: "The Devil in the Dark" (Horta)
 

Identified by Brian: Star Trek: "The Savage Curtain" (Yarnek/Excalbian)
 

Identified by Brian: Space:1999 "All that Glisters."
 


identified by Brian: Dr. Who: "The Stones of Blood."
 


Identified by Brian: Blake's 7: "The Web."
 


Identified by Brian: Star Trek: The Next Generation: "Home Soil."
 


Identified by Brian: Star Trek: The Next Generation: "Silicon Avatar"
 


Identified by Brian: The X-Files: "Firewalker."
 


Identified by Brian: Star Trek: Enterprise: "In a Mirror, Darkly." (Tholian)
 

Identified by Dr. Howard Margolin: Chromastone on Ben 10: Alien Force


Identified by Dr. Howard Margolin: Diamondhead on Ben 10.


5 comments:

  1. 1) Doctor Who (?)
    2) Star Trek "Devil in the Dark"
    3) Star Trek "The Savage Curtain"
    4) Space: 1999 "All That Glisters"
    5) Doctor Who "The Stones of Blood"
    6) Blake's 7
    7) Star Trek TNG "Homesoil"
    8) Star Trek TNG "Silicon Avatar"
    9) The X-Files
    10) Star Trek Enterprise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Brian!

    You correctly identified ten images out of the twelve posted! Incredible job!

    best,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, thank you, John!

    I'm always eager to check out the regular Cult-TV Faces, but this one was a particular treat. I could not tell you why, but over the years I've been more and more preoccupied by the silicon-based lifeform in science fiction. It has something to do, no doubt, with the fact that silicon-based life is truly alien to us, in almost every sense, and this has resulted in some engaging design concepts on-screen. The Tholians are the best of them all and they remain perhaps my all-time favorite aliens. Since I first saw "The Tholian Web," I was hooked!

    Thanks for another great line-up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 11. Ben 10: Chromastone
    12. Ben 10: Diamondhead

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Howard,

    You just finished off this line-up, my friend. Great job identifying Chromastone and Diamondhead from Ben10!

    all my best,
    John

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal: "Apologia"

Apologia By Ken Muir   I am a person of my age, of my time in history.    Born into an America that was on the verge of winning the greatest...