Wednesday, November 05, 2014

At Flashbak: The Five Best Resident Alien Characters of 1970s Cult Television


My new list at Flashbak remembers the coolest and best "resident alien" characters of 1970s sci-fi TV.





"A “resident” alien is a being who, despite his or her nature as an “other” is actually a good guy, or at least an ally of the story’s protagonists. 

The 1960s gave the world the ultimate cult-TV resident aliens: the half-Vulcan, half-human Mr. Spock (Leonard Nimoy) on Star Trek. (1966 – 1969) and the Time Lord Doctor in Doctor Who (1963 – 1989). 

Both figures were of tremendous popularity and continued to be seen on sci-fi TV in the following decade on Star Trek: The Animated Series (1973) and Doctor Who, respectively, the latter of which survived until almost the 1990s.

Remembering the 1970s, however, there are several memorable “resident” aliens created during that decade too.

Below are my choices for the best, or most memorable of such characters..."

1 comment:

  1. John I agree with your choices and it really defines how rich the science-fiction television was in the '70s.

    SGB

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal: "Apologia"

Apologia By Ken Muir   I am a person of my age, of my time in history.    Born into an America that was on the verge of winning the greatest...