Monday, March 17, 2014

Television and Cinema Verities #113


"On V the writing is very specific and it keeps me on my toes to know all the time exactly what I'm saying in the subtext. I'm of the belief that writing is like stained glass -- it's there and the actor is the light behind it. The director tells me how bright, how soft and which way around the stained glass we're going. Our job is to hold consistency in our characters.The director has his job to do, which is filming the show in seven days...We help the director with the character backgrounds since there hasn't been time to put together a program bible."

- Michael Ironside (Ham Tyler) discusses working on V: The Series, from the V-Out of Print Archive

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal: "Apologia"

Apologia By Ken Muir   I am a person of my age, of my time in history.    Born into an America that was on the verge of winning the greatest...