Monday, March 03, 2014

Television and Cinema Verities #111


"Initially I had all these scenes walking up and down the corridors saying 'the Leader won' be pleased.'  I think the character progressed from there. I think that there's something about being British. You can say those things with great aplomb and authority. With an American accent, it might not sound so official. But if you say them with an English accent...it sounds pretty official, which is why Star Trek sometimes has British actors."

- June Chadwick discusses the character of Lydia from V: The Series (1985), in an interview I conducted with her in 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...