Monday, July 22, 2013

Television and Cinema Verities #78


"People go, "Oh my God, that was so scary" but really, it was scary like "Boo!" At the end when the arm comes out, but there's so much humor in it. It was just one of those serendipitous things with everybody that worked on that, everybody that Brian brought together, brought something to it. He had a real handle on it and he knew what he wanted. Now, he does a lot of story-boarding, Brian, and what I loved about the way he works is that he would let me do anything I wanted within a parameter. He'd set up the shot a certain way and I'd say, "Can I do this?" "Yeah." So he knew what he needed, knew what he wanted and beyond that, we had an amazing freedom."

-Sissy Spacek discusses the making of Carrie (1976) in an interview at Coming Soon with Edward Douglas (May 2012).

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...