Sunday, May 20, 2012

Space:1999 author Bill Latham on Destinies: The Voice of Science Fiction


It's been my great pleasure and honor during the last decade to work on the Powys Media officially licensed Space: 1999 novel series.  

One of the perks of that job -- besides writing in a universe I absolutely love -- has been familiarizing myself with the works of author Bill Latham, the talented author behind titles such as Space: 1999 Resurrection, and the epic two-part Omega and Alpha, as well as the original Frankenstein novel, Mary's Monster.  

Bill has also been one of the most important guiding forces behind-the-scenes of the novel line, serving as editor on the anthology Shepherd Moon, for instance.  I've met Bill twice in person and I count him as a great friend as well as a terrific writer.

So it was a real thrill to catch up with him, at least a little, by listening to him discuss his written work and Space: 1999 on Dr. Howard Margolin's great sci-fi talk show, Destinies: The Voice of Science Fiction.

If you're interested in Space: 1999, the novel line, and even the inside-baseball of writing original books for a sci-fi franchise, I highly recommend this audio interview.  You can listen to Bill and Howard's discussion here, including an excerpt from Bill's Space: 1999 work.

Check it out!


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:19 PM

    John thanks for the heads up on this interview. I will check it out. Since I was a boy, I have been a fan of the SPACE:1999 universe from it's debut in September 1975.

    SGB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SGB:

    My pleasure, sir. I hope you enjoy the interview. Like you, I have loved the Space:1999 universe since I was a kid. I can watch that series, again and again, and find new things to appreciate.

    Great comment.

    ReplyDelete

Enter The House Between picks up Hermes Creative Award (Platinum!) for 2024

Enter The House Between, our audio drama that finished airing its first season in October of 2023, picked up its second award yesterday!  T...