Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Sy Fy Portal Reviews The House Between 2.1: "Returned"


This week, journalist Marx Pyle at Sy Fy Portal reviews our second season premiere, "Returned." Here's a sample of the critique:

"Again, John Kenneth Muir’s writing is strong and bumps this low-budget series into a high quality show. This episode acts as a great starting point for the new season. It has introduced new mysteries that I feel confident will be answered by the end of the season, which is a refreshing change compared to many TV shows that seem to make it up as they go.

I picked on the camera work, lighting and sound in my review of season one. This time around, though, I can tell that JKM and his crew learned a lot from their experience making the first season. There is a big improvement in lighting, the framing is a great deal stronger and we get more close-ups, which really help the actors shine in their performances.

The acting is stronger this season. I can really tell that the actors have grown into their roles and have a deeper understanding of their characters..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...