Monday, January 16, 2006

Happy Birthday to a Horror Maestro!


Just a quick shout out to a legendary horror icon on this Monday, January 16th.

Today is director John Carpenter's birthday and he deserves a very, very happy one, because this talent has given us classics like Assault on Precinct 13 (1976), Halloween (1978), The Fog (1980), Escape from New York (1981), The Thing (1982), Starman (1984), Big Trouble in Little China (1986), Prince of Darkness (1987), They Live (1988), and on and on, the list goes.

And by the way, I loved Ghosts of Mars (2001) and would gladly debate its quality with all comers. If I don't watch that movie at least once a month, I'm not a happy camper...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...